Successful candidates will have the following:
• Demonstrable competency in teaching data science concepts;
• Academic or vocational training and credentials, related work experience, licensure, or certification;
• Prior training, tutoring or teaching experience preferred;
• Programming with Python, R;
• Data Visualization;
• Big Data;
• Machine Learning.
Under the direction of the Director of Education, the Data Science Mentor will be responsible for academic support, curriculum review, and grading for their program area with a student count of approximately 50 - 55. You are knowledgeable of and adhere to all institutional educational policies and procedures.
• Work in a cooperative setting with instructors, students, and support personnel to accomplish the mutual goal of training and placing our students;
• Provide academic support, assisting students with instructional review, technical questions, debugging, code review and reinforcing conceptual knowledge.
• Counsel students on the importance of class attendance, contact students who have missed a class, and document all attendance related matters;
• Field and respond to student inquiries over chat, email and phone.
• Monitor and report on student academic progress.
• Contribute to the Institution and the community by attending, and participating in, scheduled events, meetups and workshops.
• Work collaboratively with the Admissions Department to ensure an exceptional student experience from enrollment to graduation.
• Participate in retention activities such as but not limited to calling, emailing and special events for students;
• Other duties as assigned.