Education: Masters or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field.
Relevant training (preferably a Master's degree in data science, analytics, statistics, econometrics, computational social science, computer science, etc.)
Experience with large amounts of data (Hadoop preferably, but also Oracle Exadata)
Experience with Python, SQL, supervised machine learning techniques, and unsupervised machine learning techniques
Experience with Java
Minimum 5-7 years of progressively relevant experience
• Must meet the US Citizenship requirement and be able to obtain and maintain a Customs Border Protection Background Investigation
Clearance Level Needed:
Scientific / Analytical
ManTech is seeking experienced and skilled professionals to provide Business Intelligence Support Services to assist the Customs Border Protection to effectively and efficiently identifying cargo, individuals and conveyances that may present additional risk to the United States; conduct terrorism analysis and global assessments that convey changes in terrorism threats and identify emerging threats; develop and evaluate CBP-wide intelligence based targeting rules and intelligence driven special operations; and coordinate and enhance analysis and targeting efforts.
The Data Scientist/Database Architect will:
• Mine and analyze databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, analytics techniques and business strategies.
• Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
• Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
• Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experience.
• Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find anomalies and queries identified as data of interest. They must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods and data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes. Location: Dependent on Customer direction in either Herndon, VA, Sterling, VA or Alexandria, VA