Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
This position reports directly to the Contractor Manager for Capital Projects in the Safety & Health organization at the Naheola Mill facility and has responsibility for ensuring safety excellence as they partner with outside Contractors working within our facility.
ABOUT THE NAHEOLA OPERATIONS
Georgia-Pacific’s Naheola Mill located in Pennington, Alabama, is a manufacturing site for the company’s well-known consumer products business. More than 800 employees produce a wide range of products for the consumer business, including Quilted Northern® and Angel Soft® bath tissue, Sparkle® paper towels, and Dixie® napkins, as well as bleached paperboard used in Dixie® paper cups and plates.
The mill is the largest employer in the community and is engaged in supporting community outreach, workforce development and education. The area is a sportsman’s paradise with world-class hunting for deer, turkey and other small game and is bounded on the east by the Tombigbee River which provides such recreation as freshwater fishing, boating and water skiing. Residents of this area enjoy the mild climate, a low cost of living, and is an easy drive to the many resort communities and soft white-sand beaches of the Gulf Coast.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Learn and understand the MBM® Guiding Principles and the 5 dimensions of MBM®, to utilize them to support Safety processes.
- Ensure Contractors have obtained all necessary health and safety permits prior to beginning work.
- Schedule and allocate the time necessary to ensure that the Contractor H&S programs are being effectively executed and assessed to ensure 10,000% compliance.
- Ensure individuals who will perform activities outlined in the GP Contractor H&S Compliance Standard are consulted during the development of the Pennington Site-specific work practices and implement them to achieve compliance.
- Form partnership with Contracting groups; meet with both management and contractor employees.
- Investigate and identify root cause issues, and correct any sub-standard conditions.
- Understand and utilize data to establish priorities using TRAX and other data gathering tools.
- Participate in Contractor Safety and Environmental Orientation checklists.
- Assist in the development of risk assessments including evaluations of TRAX incidents.
- Conduct safety observations of Contractor work and provide feedback to GPR and Contractor.
- Evaluate pre-work hazard analysis before work is started.
- Mentor and help Contractors to understand GP Compliance Standards.
- Learn and become proficient in TRAX as well as other designated tools used to collect Leading Indicators within the facility.
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5 years’ work experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Experience working with Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project to create reports, spreadsheets, PowerPoint Presentations and to develop project timelines
- Experience with OSHA and EPA regulations for both Construction and Manufacturing environments
- Knowledge of general safety programs
- Ability to respond to and support emergency situations that may arise on a 24/7 basis
- Ability to work extended hours, holidays, and week-ends as needed
- Ability to serve on a rotational week-end duty team.
Demonstrated experience using best industry practices in all aspects of industrial construction.
Physical ability to work around and on industrial equipment, including frequent climbing of stairs and ladders.
Willingness to work around dust, chemicals, and other substances.
Ability to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated areas (hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, safety shoes and hearing protection.
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf