Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned.):
- This position is accountable for in-process testing of bulk materials, and finished products.
- Responsibilities include performing a wide variety of laboratory tasks within a team environment.
- Specifically, running, and trouble-shooting Flow Cytometry, ELISA, Bioassay, and western Blot assays to assist in the quality testing of innovative antibody-based assays.
- Additional responsibilities include preparing protocols for experiments of simple to moderate complexity under supervision, preparing technical reports, and summaries of assigned projects.
- Must be comfortable performing bench science, and in self-direction of work plans and experimental procedures.
- The individual will be required to complete training to assure compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and other regulatory requirements.
- In addition, this individual will adhere to all requirements of established quality systems.
• Conduct in-process and final product testing following Standard Operating Procedures
• Responsible for assuring that products are tested to meet the highest quality standards as determined by performance specifications.
• Responsible for ensuring that QC tasks are completed according to: schedule, company policies, procedures and test methods.
• Effectively implement and maintain the company's standard operating procedures for Quality Control.
• Understands test results and pursues clarification of unusual results. Develops and uses system for anticipating and recognizing errors. Resolves discrepancies and reports results.
• Adheres to good documentation practices to ensure data integrity and traceability. Qualifications:
- The ideal candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree in Biology or a closely related field with relevant experience.
- This position requires 0-2 years of work experience in a Research or Quality Control laboratory.
- Current experience performing a variety of antibody based assays for bulk materials, in-process materials and finished products is highly preferred.
- Experience writing and modifying Standard Operating Procedures is preferred.
- Fundamental knowledge of quality systems and the ability to review and understand test data is highly desirable.
- Understanding and the ability to follow safety precautions and procedures which apply to the activities in the laboratory is required.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a dynamic fast paced environment is a necessity.
- Must be able to collaborate across multidisciplinary teams and also have the ability to work independently.
- Candidate must have strong math skills; strong scientific background; excellent skills in prioritization and achievement of goals and objectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, a strong work ethic, computer literacy, and the ability to work independently following verbal instructions and SOPs are required.
- Flexibility and a passion to drive for results are key for this position.