The Data Scientist IV is responsible for overseeing the development of analytical tools and algorithms used to optimize all of Sears and Kmart Apparel routing and capacity needs.
* Develops long-term statistical forecasting models for routing and capacity needs.
* Provides business analysis using mathematical modeling tools to answer critical business questions.
* Builds quantitative mathematical models to represent capacity needs, long term forecasting plans, transportation and logistics systems.
* Implements models and tools through mathematical modeling and by engineering code in software languages such as Java, Python, and SQL on Linux and unix operations systems.
* Applies theories of mathematical optimization, including linear programming, combinatorial optimization, integer programming, dynamic programming, stochastic programming, and network flows and other algorithms to design optimal or near optimal solution methodologies to be used by the in-house decision support tools and software.
* Applies probability theory, statistics, simulation, and stochastic modeling methodologies to model uncertainty in operational systems; uses mathematical models to make business decisions that are robust to uncertainty and test out new proposed solutions (sensitivity analysis or scenario analysis).
* Creates software prototypes to verify and validate the devised solutions methodologies; integrates the prototypes into production systems using standard software development tools and methodologies.
* Effectively communicates with senior management as well as with colleagues from computer science, operations research, and business backgrounds.
* Experience applying optimization models for business decision support
* Experience applying machine learning algorithms to find business-critical patterns in operational data
* Experience analyzing large datasets
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Demonstrated experience designing/building forecasting systems and business metrics
* PhD and at least 3 years work experience.
* PhD in Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Theoretical Computer Science, or related Engineering Field