Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our analytics team. We are responsible for providing analytical support to our senior leadership and engineering teams to improve our customers' experience, improve our products performances, and identify key trends. Our team works cross-functionally with the program, product and engineering teams.
The primary focus of the data scientist will be to apply data mining techniques, performing statistical analysis, and building high quality presentations for our senior leadership team. You will help us discover information hidden in large data sets and define and build new sets of KPI to measure our products' performance and identify ways to improve our customers experience.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about data-driven decision making and able to do advanced analysis on large unstructured data sets and quickly grasp new technologies. The ideal candidate must be comfortable working in a dynamic team and presenting to large audiences.
- Analyzing large data sets to develop custom models and algorithms to drive business solutions
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems and models
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Conducting advanced statistical analysis to determine trends and significant data relationships
- Performing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Lead and coordinate meetings with key project stakeholders
- Collaborate with leadership team to identify, define and measure KPIs needed to drive improvement in customer experience
- Develop reporting requirements and specifications with business and development teams.
- Design, build and maintain dashboards that will be used by other teams and presented to Executives during weekly meetings, enabling stakeholders to make effective decisions
- Use a variety of tools to analyze system performance and user behavior
- Minimum of a Master's degree in analytical field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, )
- 5+ years of relevant experience working as a BI/data analyst/Data scientist or similar role
- Scripting and Programming skills (Spark SCALA, Python )
- Proficiency in R and R libraries
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL
- Experience with data visualization tools such as tableau
- Experience with Predictive modeling and machine learning
- Exposure to big data tools and cloud technologies such as AWS
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing and fast paced environment
- Self-motivated, highly organized, and able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships and achieve results by working collaboratively with others
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer