Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) is a bold, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model - Growth Pharma. Allergan is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceutical, device, biologic, surgical and regenerative medicine products for patients around the world.
Allergan markets a portfolio of leading brands and best-in-class products for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology and anti-infective therapeutic categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives every day.
Allergan is a company that will inspire you to aim high with your ambition. Where you can build bridges all over the world. Where you can power ideas that drive change. And where you will act fast and drive results for customers and patients. Power your future & join our bold team.
***Territory will cover Manhattan, NY and all of NJ***
Develops and maintains professional relationships with internal and external customers to provide comprehensive medical and scientific support to Allergan initiatives in assigned therapeutic areas.
Facilitates information, education, and research activities for physicians and ancillary healthcare professionals regarding current and future therapies in development or commercialized by Allergan. Works closely with other Allergan personnel to ensure information, education, and research needs of healthcare professionals are met and to ensure scientific and technical training needs of commercial organizations are identified and met
Main Areas of Responsibilities
- Identify, develop and maintain professional relationships with thought leaders, academic centers and researchers in assigned areas of therapeutic interest to ensure access to current medical and scientific information on Allergan products.
- Support research initiatives as requested by Allergan R&D, Clinical Operations, Medical Affairs Departments, and physician initiated projects.
- Serve as internal medical and scientific resource to assigned Allergan therapeutic areas with respect to planning for and developing communications and other materials on product information Consistent with regulatory guidelines, ensure medical accuracy and balance of information to be disseminated.
- Present data on Allergan products to healthcare professionals including physicians, academic institutions, researchers, and other health care professionals.
- Provide approved information to clients to ensure access to current medical and scientific information necessary.
- The MSL may serve as the scientific advisor to Allergan in the evaluation of new products and technologies under consideration for portfolio enhancement/expansion.
- Support Round Table and Advisory Board sessions to ensure accuracy of and clinician access to up-to-date scientific and clinical data.
- Conducts on-going training to medical affairs, field sales and other internal personnel as directed.
- Ensures up to date knowledge of product use and competitor data.
- Serves as local medical and scientific resource to Allergan Product planning for communication of product information.
- Provide support for payer-facing activities to public and commercial managed markets. These activities may include delivering clinical and pharmacy presentations, presentation development and review with Payer Team colleagues, providing scientific support for medical policy initiatives, training, and product differentiation.
- Accountable for maintaining annual expenses within assigned budget parameters.
Responsible for accurate and timely documentation of above activities.
- Requires minimum 3+ year total specific industry experience (pharma, device, etc.) and minimum
- 4 years post professional degree practice or relevant transferable experience (clinical practice, academic research, regulatory/scientific)
- GI/Hepatology experience preferred but not required
- M.D., Pharm.D, Ph.D, or other recognized doctorate level education with supporting applicable health science background.