PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision ability required by this job includes close vision and color vision.
- High School Diploma required
- Some science and medical college courses preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 1-2 years related experience
- Knowledge of medical lab and specimen processing preferred.
- Good verbal communication skills
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize and manage time efficiently.
- Ability to follow precise directions in situation requiring speed, accuracy and efficiency.
- Must be able to work in fast paced, high pressure, production like environment.
- Working knowledge of basic computer applications (MS Office)
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Spectra Laboratories is currently seeking a Specimen Handler I at our Milpitas, CA location. This is a full-time, day shift position working 30 hours per week in the Specimen Handling department.
If interested, please read the full description below and apply online.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Responsible for the preparation and set up of routine and complex laboratory tests.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.