- Ability to plan and execute a full range of administrative tasks in operating a large and complex department.
- Ability to analyze complex problems and situations and realize potential effects of proposed actions.
- Knowledge of budget preparations, purchasing bookkeeping and personnel management.
- Knowledgeable of case management or social work principles and standard practices.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and data management skills.
- Knowledgeable of community resources.
- Develops effective working relationships with physicians and interdisciplinary team.
- Works well with people of all social, economic, and cultural backgrounds.
- Flexible, open-minded and adaptable to change.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills with ability to convey understanding progress of complex issues.
- Leadership and training skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred, culturally sensitive.
Seven years in a Management/Supervisor capacity in a Regional/Reference Lab Environment, with a strong background in a Laboratory Services.
Board Certified as a Medical laboratory Scientist (MLS) from the ASCP required.
Education and Training:
Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology required. Master’s degree preferred.