Position: Emissions Lab and Service Shop Technician
Reports to: Manager, Powertrain Test Engineering
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
General Position Summary
Responsible for the following:
* Operating and maintaining the emissions laboratory.
* Also, provides general support for company's relation company test programs. Assists with any special projects as required.
* In addition, Responsible for service shop facilities maintenance and activities including minor repairs to equipment and automobile mechanical work.
Essential Job Functions
Emissions & Powertrain
* Ann Arbor MI Emissions Laboratory
Operates and maintains the overall Emissions Laboratory
Performs emissions tests as requested using available test equipment
Performs timely the company / EPA / ARB required calibrations
Coordinates / harmonizes test procedures with the company's CA laboratory
Maintains emissions lab to the company certification standard including record keeping.
Develops and maintains EPA & ARB required maintenance, calibration, emissions test records for laboratories submitting official test results
Responsible for updating and maintaining Emissions Lab Procedures manual.
Orders laboratory parts and supplies as needed.
Repairs or has repaired faulty emissions test equipment.
Prepares cars for next day's testing.
Maintains the test cell, emissions office, dyno and dyno pit, service shop in a clean and organized manner
May assist with the design of emissions test procedure for special tests as needed.
* Powertrain Engineering
Supports investigation of new technology as requested.
Provides technical support on evaluation of test cars and competitive vehicles.
Assists with test trip preparation and may participate in test trips and special testing on an as needed basis
Supports and participates in summer, winter and special test programs, as needed.
Assists with the periodic monitoring of vehicles for data collection purposes.
Evaluates, diagnoses and reports vehicle deficiencies.
Test-drives selected vehicles through a variety of road conditions including stop/ go, freeway, off-road, uphill, downhill, and a combination of city and rural driving and reports findings.
Uses measurement software (creating a setting file, monitoring and recording the data).
Process, analyze and report testing data to manager.
* Performs general hands-on automobile mechanical work including routine maintenance, exhaust system changes, engine and transmission changes as requested
* Maintains cleanliness and organization in the shop area.
* Handles general shop maintenance including repairs / replacement of equipment and tools.
* Handles hazardous materials and the related proper administration work
* Maintains good communication both inside and outside of the Company.
* Becomes proficient with and follows company's purchasing procedures
* Becomes proficient at shipping and receiving procedures
* Seeks constant improvement in work processes and techniques in the Department
* Observes all safety regulations and procedures, suggest improvements.
8:30am~5:00pm (Unpaid 1 hour lunch)
Ann Arbor, MI
* Associates degree (A.A.) in Engineering Technology is desirable
* At least 5 years of experience working in a emissions lab
* General mechanical aptitude and logical thinking required.
* Ability to successfully deal with vendors, service personnel and outside contractors.
* Ability to get along well with diverse personalities. Must be tactful, mature and flexible.
* Ability to safely drive a forklift.
* Ability to drive a manual or automatic transmission and be able to drive long distances.
* Professional or hobby auto repair experience.
At Advantage Resourcing, our primary objective is to perfectly align the best people with the appropriate jobs. These jobs may be temporary assignments or career positions. We place talented people in a wide variety of jobs working with our client companies in areas such as: engineering, IT, technical, manufacturing, skilled trades, distribution, call centers, clerical, accounting, finance and sales.
Our strength is being able to solve our client's workforce needs by matching people that have the right skills, knowledge and motivation to each opportunity. Advantage Resourcing can help you discover the personal and career success you desire.
Advantage Resourcing Americas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard for race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected categories. Advantage Resourcing is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.