• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
• Aptitude for basic math concepts and report preparation
• Position requires incumbent to have a flexible schedule as occasional overtime or weekend work might be required
• Must have the ability to lift 50 lbs
• Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check prior to employment
• Ability to effectively communicate (written and oral) presenting information individually or in small group situations to internal or external customers
• Ability to execute detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
• Ability to follow directions ensuring the end results are accurate and completed with the required timeframe
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
• SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.
The position is responsible for proper preparation of coal samples for analysis in accordance with all applicable standards and company procedures.
• Prepares coal samples by crushing samples in accordance with required ASTM standards, using various sample crusher models
• Transfer and label samples with identifying data
• Filing and locating samples
• Performs routine and preventive maintenance on all preparation equipment
• Perform basic procedures associated with pulverizing samples
• Operate a grindability machine and associated equipment
• Access and evaluate round robin and quality control data and the steps required for re-calibration of equipment