QC Chemist- Orangeburg NY 10962
Responsible for the accurate analysis of incoming raw materials utilizing current USP, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Work Instructions (WIs), Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs). Assures tested raw materials have met the required specification criteria prior to release. Maintain accurate, complete and traceable documentation related to analysis and disposition.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Performance of diversified chemical testing as needed by using current USP, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Work Instructions (WIs), and or customer supply method on raw materials, the testing may include but not limited to: pH determination, viscosity, refractive index, specific gravity, etc.
- Conduct wet chemical titration to determine the percentage of activity on various solutions and raw materials
- Determine the active percentage of various components as required by specifications using of instruments (IR, UV, Auto-titrator, HPLC, GC etc.)
- Perform identification of various chemicals or formulations as per methodology and requirements
- Perform daily calibration, reading, and recording of instruments within the Analytical Lab
- Test incoming raw including chemicals, components and assure that all the required certification required is accurate and within specification
- Assist in the sampling, testing and release of raw materials when needed.
- Prepare solutions and titrants when required.
- Clean laboratory at specified intervals by following appropriate SOP and/or WI.
- Prepare and maintain laboratory test solutions.
- Test incoming raw and customer supply material and assure that all the required certification required is accurate and within specification.
REPORTING & ANALYSIS:
- Ensure that all results are accurately recorded in appropriate laboratory logs or other designated forms.
- Update supervisor with analytical supplies issue
- Clean laboratory at specified intervals by following appropriate SOP and/or WI
- Prepare and maintain laboratory test solutions and titrants
- Test Raw Materials and release it in a timely manner
- Ensure sampling, testing, and release of raw materials is done efficiently.
- Maintain lab cleanliness in a timely manner.
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 11,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.