Under the supervision of a Radiologist, performs all MRI procedures in accordance with department policies and procedures. Operates auxiliary equipment including, but not limited to: laser camera, processor, magnetic tape/optical disk, administers intravenous and oral contrast materials as directed by protocol, assists with providing technical coverage 24 hours a day, seven (7) days per week.
- Education: Associate Degree: Radiologic Technology or a graduate of an accredited certification program in Radiology Technology
- Experience Required: 1-3 years
- Licenses/Certifications Required:
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) certification required.
- ARRT - MR preferred.
- Current BLS and/or CPR certification from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross or the ability to obtain certification within 6 weeks of hire.
- Knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience in diagnostic radiology.