Independently or as member of a team; Engineer will be responsible to develop system/sub-system specifications, support system integration and system/software verification activities. Responsibilities include working with cross functional teams on new product development and sustaining projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Participates on project teams to develop clear system/sub-system specifications.
* Manage system/sub-system requirements and generate requirements traceability.
* Support System Architecture definition and system design and integration activities.
* Develop System Integration test scenarios based on system architecture/designs and execute them.
* Analyze system requirements to determine testability, completeness and consistency.
* Support system verification activities such as test strategies test procedures to evaluate the behavior of the system as compared to the specified requirements.
* Support automated and manual system integration and system verification tests.
* Support system risk management activities, Use/Design FMEA's, risk/hazard analysis
* Support regulatory submissions of specifications, test plans, and reports.
* Ability to work collaboratively.
* Driven to maintain high standards of quality, even under pressure.
BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field (or equivalent experience)
* 5+ Years' experience in Systems Engineering, Software Development and/or Software V&V
* Experience with test automation utilizing scripting languages such as python, PHP.
* Interface design experience with one or more of the following is a plus; SPI, I2C, Bluetooth, and USB.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
Knowledge of SEIT (Systems Engineering Integration & Test) roles and functions, including requirements management, requirements analysis, interface definition and verification
* Experience in authoring and analyzing requirements
* Experience in developing system architecture/designs and developing system integration testing
* Extensive technical knowledge of advanced testing concepts and formal Software and Systems Verification strategies for regulated Software, preferably in the Medical Device Industry.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to positively influence individuals and groups
* Strong problem solving skills in a team environment
* Knowledge of both Manual and Automated Testing Tools for Application Software as well as Embedded Systems
* Understanding of hardware design and trade-offs, embedded (real-time) software tradeoffs, performance and redundancy issues
* Knowledge of Software and System Architectures, Software Engineering Best Practices, and programming and scripting languages.
* Understand SW/HW systems and be able to test for the types of failure modes associated with these systems.
* Experience using configuration management, requirements management, issue tracking systems
Strongly Desired Skills:
* Experience in the Medical Device industry (or other regulated environment)
* 2+ Years experience programming in Scripting Languages (preferably PHP or Python)
* Worked with BLE technology