We are seeking a scientist to join a vibrant interdisciplinary group of scientists to develop and facilitate interpretation complex next-generation sequencing data of various tumor xenografts and derived singlecells.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Adapt or develop analytical algorithms to facilitate data processing and interpretation of genomics assays
- Evaluate emerging algorithms for the analysis of genomics data with an emphasis on single-cell RNAseq and DNAseq
- Execute data analysis pipelines
- Contributes individually as well as on cross functional teams.
- Responsible for more complex assignments and for more than 1 project.
- Well versed in fundamentals of functional area.
- Understands the context, impact and timely communication of data.
- Critically assess project(s) and formulates ideas.
- Implement solutions independently.
- Recommend and formulate protocols and experimental plans.
- Acts with integrity
- Analysis of issues
- Building relationships
- Coaching and developing others
- Delivers presentations
- Develops systems & process
- Fosters open communication
- Supervising/mentor role in function.
- Awareness of resource management issues in cloud computing pipelines
- Proficiency in biostatistics and bioinformatics algorithms.
- General knowledge of PCR and NGS technologies and sequence analysis tools; e.g. aligners and differential expression analysis methods considered a plus
- General understanding of biochemistry, genetics or epi-genetics considered a plus.
- Highly self-motivated and enjoy working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills, thorough and detail-orientated.
- Able to design complex analyses with scientific rationale.
- Able to critically analyze and interpret data and draw appropriate conclusions
- Developing skills in critical interpretation of scientific data and problem solving and reporting of scientific data.
For immediate consideration please send resumes to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 844-463-6178.