Epidemiologist (Informatics) - Phoenix, AZ
Kelly Scientific Resources KSR , a division of Kelly Services, is recognized as a leader in the staffing industry, with temp, temp-to-hire, and direct-hire opportunities at a variety of companies. KSR is currently seeking an Epidemiologist - SAS Programmer to work for our client, Arizona Department of Health Services, in Phoenix, AZ.
This is a long-term contract opportunity and is a great way to join a secure institution.
SUMMARY: The Epidemiologist - SAS Programmer will be responsible for managing the database for the HIV/AIDS department in the Office of Infectious Diseases.
- Program database required for statistical analysis of HIV/AIDS incidents recorded in the state of Arizona.
- Multi-task efficiently
- Train new hires and team members
- Responsible for program data collection, analysis, and dissemination; development and implementation of survey tools, evaluation, and epidemiological analysis
- Analyzing and evaluating a wide variety of technical epidemiological data; conducting scientific studies and investigations
- May attend stakeholder meetings
- Develops and coordinates various databases and data sets
- Prepares reports, fact sheets and presentations
- Masters in Public Health, Epidemiology, or Biostatistics
- Ideal candidate will have experience using statistical software, working with the different levels of US health care system and public health system, and working with electronic public health surveillance databases
- Demonstrated skills in SAS, MS Access, MS Office suite, and data analysis.
- Principles and practices of public health and epidemiology, biostatistics, research methods including data collection, analysis, and reporting and presenting data; and designing and implementing program evaluation.
As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- Career guides, information, and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
- Weekly pay and service bonus plans
- Group-rate insurance options available immediately upon hire*
Apply Today! Questions? Call Kevin at 602.548.1774 or email at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
•Available for purchase and administered by a designated third-party vendor
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 11,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.