Kelly Services is looking for Laboratory Assistants in Jacksonville, FL for a large Food Manufacturer
1st 2nd and 3rd shifts are available
No Shift differential, 15/hr
12-month contract to permanent conversion
- Assures quality in processing and finished goods. Responsible for conducting analyses of batch samples and raw materials, as well as auditing production to ensure that quality products are being made.
- The position is responsible for assisting the day-to-day operation of the Quality Assurance Lab at the Jacksonville plant, which is accomplished by conducting analysis of batch samples, raw materials, as well as auditing production to ensure quality products are being made.
- QA tech will assist QA lead/supervisor by monitoring to present quality programs including weight control program, microbiological analysis, chemical analysis, physical analysis, internal food safety auditing, ISO 9000 and 22000 programs, allergen and HACCP program as they pertain to customer product specifications.
- Majority of the Quality Assurance Tech job will be performed on the production room floor. The Quality tech will be working in occasional hot and/or wet environments.
- The Quality Tech will be working in a fast pace, high volume food manufacturing facility.
- Coordinate all activities including training for the Quality Assurance Technicians and Microbiological Technicians.
- Degree in a related field preferred and/or a minimum of 1 year previous experience in food/beverage manufacturing working in a leadership capacity is required.
- Organize and interpret results of microbiological testing of finished product and coordinate their release for shipment. Ensure that all products meet customer requirements and monitor sanitation producers.
- Evaluate and implement new technologies, equipment, and procedures for the testing and evaluation of raw materials and finished goods.
- Educate employees in regards to Quality programs. Ensure that employees comprehend and follow quality programs.
- Meet the requirements of the Q-RMP Standards as necessary
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 11,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.