Apex Life Sciences is seeking an experienced analytical chemist to step into a senior role within the Discovery Chemistry department and provide technical expertise to preclinical drug discovery programs working in a complex, multivariate environment. The role will be a mixture of lab-based research and development work along with managerial responsibilities for a growing sub-team within the larger department.
• Serve as a key technical expert to drug discovery project teams and enable analytical sciences that can drive those projects forward
• Maximize potential of UPLC-MS/MS instrumentation; possible applications for development include biomarker assays, metabolomics, or complex chemical mixture deconvolution
• Serve as direct line manager for 2-4 analytical chemists of varying experience level serving a fleet of 7-12 analytical instruments including HPLCs, UPLCs, GCs, and MSs
• Ensure best practices in instrument maintenance, method development, and data handling
• Take an instrumental role in shaping an early-stage analytical team with the potential for growth into a fully independent department
• PhD in analytical chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacokinetics or related field with 8+ years of experience in drug discovery environments, or MS with 14+ years of experience
• Demonstrated success in the application of analytical sciences to enable pre-clinical research programs to overcome scientific barriers
• Highly skilled in the development and utilization of MS/MS technologies
• Managerial experience including matrix management, talent development, and recruiting
• Experience in metabolomics a plus
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 844-463-6178.