The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson and Johnson are recruiting for a Senior Scientist, Immunology Medicinal Chemistry, within Immunology, located in San Diego, CA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are seeking an experienced medicinal chemist with excellent synthetic expertise to advance small molecule drug discovery programs toward the clinic within Immunology. A successful candidate will partner with the internal medicinal chemistry team to generate innovative solutions to synthetic and medicinal chemistry challenges within the context of small molecule drug discovery. This individual must also excel in communication and have strong interpersonal skills necessary to influence in a collaborative multidisciplinary environment, and ideally have some leadership experience.
- Develop and execute clear strategies towards complex molecule synthesis using state-of-the-art technologies
- Maintain a high level of productivity in the laboratory
- Independently design and synthesize drug-like molecules utilizing medicinal chemistry knowledge and an understanding of ADME, pharmacokinetics and optimal physicochemical properties
- Contribute to defining scientific strategies and goals within a project team setting
- Collaboratively support the advancement of compounds through in vitro and in vivo studies to identify development candidates
- Collaborate with structure based design groups to impact rational design of molecules
- Draft, execute and serve as lead author on research published in peer reviewed journals and present work at scientific conferences.
- Collaboratively engage with the external scientific community.
- Management of external synthesis support
- Present data and reports on project status at individual, group, departmental and organizational meetings.
- Generate novel, testable hypotheses to enable clear decision making.
- Ph.D degree in Chemistry or MS degree in Chemistry with 6+ years pharmaceutical related experience is required.
- 1-2 years post-doctoral experience is preferred.
- 3+ years pharmaceutical medicinal chemistry experience, or equivalent experience for non-Ph.D.'s performing progressively advanced duties beyond the Scientist level is required.
- A strong track record of achievement in synthesis of complex molecules with knowledge of modern synthetic, analytical techniques is required.
- Demonstrated independent thinking and the ability to effectively collaborate in a highly matrixed environment is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including preparation of presentations is required.
- A proven track record of scientific contributions including peer reviewed publications, patents and presentations is preferred.
- This position may require up to 5% travel
- Practical knowledge of modern drug design, the application of chemoinformatics tools and experience advancing small molecule inhibitors of PPI targets towards the clinic is preferred.
United States-California-San Diego
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)