- Processes flow cytometric samples acquired as part of ongoing studies.
- Analyzes and organizes daily flow cytometry QC data as required.
- Notifies the laboratory and/or supervisor immediately of any assay related problems that would require sample reprocessing.
- If required, analyzes and organizes data for new assay transfers in timely manner to support new clinical trials.
- Assists as required in the organization of study data and associated information required for final study reports. o Maintains appropriate records as required by the department, the company and/or various regulatory agencies.
- Trains on all required SOPs in a timely manner.
- Assists with training new employees and follows-up to ensure training is understood.
- May assist with the development of training material, training checklists, and competency assessment programs.
- Assist staff by providing technical guidance where needed
Education/Qualifications Individual must qualify as testing personnel under the following CLIA 1988 and New York State Department of Health requirements:
Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or Clinical Laboratory Science or other life science with completion of at least a 12-month training program in Medical Technology.
Bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical or biological science from an accredited college or university and one year training and/or experience in the specialty in which testing is to be performed. Such training must be equivalent to that received in a school of Medical Technology.
90 semester hours from an accredited institution that include the following: 1) 16 semester hours of biology courses, which are pertinent to the medical sciences 2) 16 semester hours of chemistry (at least 6 semester hours of Inorganic Chemistry) 3) 3 semester hours of math
Completed an accredited clinical laboratory training program, or one year documented laboratory training or experience in the specialty that testing is to be performed.
Associate's degree in medical laboratory technology * Experience Individual should have >2 years experience working in a flow cytometry laboratory and >1 year experience with analysis of flow cytometric data.
Experience in data analysis with WinList (preferred), FlowJo, FCS Express, etc. is required. Significant experience with Microsoft Excel is also preferred.