In this role, you will be working with an inter-disciplinary team within Research Labs, central research laboratories. Key responsibilities include mammalian cell culture, characterizing synthetic and biological DNA and RNA samples and contributing to the development of tools for genome editing and engineering for life sciences research. The individual will be performing wet-lab work as directed by the project team and communicating results to team members orally and in writing.
1. Minimum B.S./B.A. in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology or equivalent with strong background in molecular biology.
2. Proficiency with mammalian cell culture and transfection techniques.
3. 2+ years of molecular biology lab experience
4. Proficiency in molecular biology techniques (especially nucleic acid purification and PCR)
5. Computer literacy in working with software to create and maintain graphs and spreadsheets.
6. Excellent time management and teamwork skills.
7. Excel at detail-oriented laboratory work and communication.
The following additional skills/experiences are highly desired:
1. Familiarity with Illumina sequencing platforms and experience with next-generation sequencing library preparation.
2. Experience working with adherent, suspension, immortalized, and primary cell lines.
3. Proficiency with quantitative PCR.
4. Experience with Agilent’s Bioanalyzer and/or TapeStation.
5. Experience with fluorescence microscopy.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer