West Houston Medical Center
Pharmacy Technician Lead
|Post Date:||Jan 02, 2018||Type:||Full-Time|
|Start Date:||1/2/2018||Salary:|| |
- Pharmacy Technician school graduate preferred.
- Hospital pharmacy experience
- Holds a current license from the Texas State Board of Pharmacy
- Holds a current PTCB Certificate.
- ACPE Certification in sterile products is required.
West Houston Medical Center – Houston, TX
Pharmacy Tech Lead
West Houston Medical Center offers outstanding inpatient and outpatient healthcare services close to your home in west Houston. Built in 1985, our 278-bed acute care hospital is located on Richmond Avenue just east of Dairy Ashford. West Houston Medical Center boasts a team of more than 1,000 people, including 500 physicians, who are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Our staff includes people from 33 countries and 39 states, a diversity which helps us relate to our equally diverse community.
West Houston Medical Center is currently looking for a Pharmacy Tech Lead.
- Identifiescritical issues, prioritize workload and communicate to appropriate personnelany issues in a timely manner
- Completesall education requirements and/or other activities needed to maintaincompetency
- Interactsin person and by phone with hospital personnel politely and appropriately.
- Accuratelymaintains and coordinates requireddocumentation logs
- Providedirection and training to other technicians as assigned.
- Assistsin the supervision of other technicians to ensure that policies and proceduresand regulatory requirements are uniformly and consistently followed.
- Responsiblefor maintaining medication storage and security as per regulatory requirementsthroughout the organization
- Accuratelyperforms audits (i.e. anesthesia, overrides, billing, etc.) as assigned.
- Performsand monitors compliance for quality control and performance improvementfunctions as assigned
- Accuratelyperforms and documents monthly medication storage area inspections as assigned
- Performsand supervises other technicians for administrative billing functions asassigned
- Completesand monitors OR charges in a timely manner as assigned
- Assiststhe pharmacists in clinical reviews as assigned (i.e. medication reconciliation,triaging reports, etc).
- PerformsTechnician scheduling as assigned
- Accuratelyperforms required calculations
- Accuratelyand safely compounds and label medications and parenteral admixtures
- Alwaysutilizes aseptic techniques in the preparation of parenteral compounding
- Compliantwith all USP 797 daily/monthly requirements (i.e. Cleaning laminar airflowcabinets and biological safety cabinets, wearing personal protective equipment,etc.)
- Alwaysobtains a final check from the pharmacist before releasing any preparedparenteral compounds, before packaging any medication, or dispensing anymedication.
- Preparesand monitors all work records needed for day at their designated timesincluding the Discontinued, Transfers, and Discharges Lists of parenteralpreparations and efficiently processes these reports before they are dispensedto the patient care areas.
- Compoundschemotherapy preparation per establishedprotocol
- Ensuresthat medications and other pharmacy supplies are accurately transported in atimely manner to appropriate areas..
- Accuratelyfills orders in the pharmacy
- Ensuresthat medication returns are consistently and timely restocked in the pharmacy.
- AutomatedDispensing Cabinet (ADC) Super User/Trainer
- Performingdaily ADC routines as assigned (i.e. restocks, outdates, discrepancyresolution, loading and unloading, etc.) and provides oversight of theseactivities for appropriate inventory management
- Coordinatesand communicates with the appropriate support personnel. Performs trouble shooting(see tech II) and addresses all problems appropriately
- Assistin education of new pharmacy ADC users and serve as a resource to both pharmacyand nursing staff for problems and/or questions.
- Managesthe ADC’s formulary for new medications. Will communicate with individual ADCusers when errors are made and re-educate as to correct procedures.
- AdjustsADC Max and Par appropriately using everyday usage as well as quarterly RxAuditor
- RemovesMedications from ADC appropriately due to non-usage
- Utilizesthe Medications Not Loaded report to load appropriate Medications in ADC .Manages user database
- ADCExpiration Audits – enforces policy to reduce waste/expirations
- Assists with narcotic ordering and maintains inventory asassigned
- NarcStation/CIISafe Expiration Audits – Works with purchaser and Director of Pharmacy
- NarcStation/CIISafe- Load/Unload Audits – Audits records to make sure NarcStation is beingutilized appropriately
- NarcoticDiscrepancy Audits – Investigates Discrepancies to determine if truediscrepancy and completes Audit sheets and/or incidence reports as appropriate.
- UploadADC data for data management software/diversion surveillance/ADC optimization
- ReplenishesADCs, emergency cart trays and floor stock accurately and as needed
- Establishand maintain daily batch reports
- MonitorADT activities and appropriately correctany problems
- Accuratelypackages and prepares medications for dispensing as assigned
- Appropriatelyand timely notifies the pharmacy inventory manager/buyer of products that needto be reordered.
- Compliesand supervises ongoing processes to monitor outdates as per policy andprocedures
- Performsreceiving and check in of medication/supply orders as defined in policy andnotifies the pharmacy inventory manager/buyer of any shortages, overages orproduct damage.
- Managesdrug supplies in a cost effective manner and identifies opportunities tominimize waste.
- Performsthe role of the Inventory Manager/buyer when that person is not available or asassigned.
- Workswith Inventory Manager, IV room and utilizes EXP reports to reduce expirationsand waste in the ADC
- Identifies,analyzes and evaluates data from a variety of sources as assigned.
West Houston Medical Center
Please help us spread the word
about BiologyJobs.com by telling
any organization you know that hires employees with a background in biology that they can advertise their open positions online at BiologyJobs.com for only $1 per day with unlimited job postings and resume database access plus their organization's profile and logo featured online. You can't beat the affordable advertising rates of Biology Jobs .com combined with the highly tartgeted traffic that your job postings will recieve compared to other online job board services.
Whether you are working on your degree, or your have completed your B.A.
(bachelor of arts) B.S. ( bachelor of science ) M.S.( master of science ), M.A. ( master of arts ),or
Ph.D ( doctorate of philosophy ) degree , and you are looking for a postdoctoral ( postdoc ) job, Biology Jobs .com has job openings posted online at various times for all levels of Biology Jobs from volunteer positions to postdoctoral research jobs to tenured professors, positions with top biotechnology companies and everything in between.