POSITION SUMMARY :
This position will provide corporate and regional Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) support to U.S. operations with focus on Western US with alignment to meet or exceed short/long term Graymont Strategic Objectives. The position requires frequent travel (estimated at 35% of time).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Coordination and validation of annual environmental reporting requirements
- Oversee and quality assure environmental reporting performed by Plant HSE Specialists
- Act as liaison with local, state, and federal agencies for strategic health, safety, and environmental projects
- Manage and/or support strategic environmental permitting projects to meet business and operation needs.
- Oversee and quality assure emissions testing as required in Western US operations.
- Continue development of Plant HSE Specialists in managing compliant emission test and continuous emissions monitoring requirements
- Manage and/or support Health, Safety, and Environmental projects and/or initiatives as required to meet long term strategic objectives. (e.g. Industry Specific Regulations, Safety Culture Project, Internal Safety, and Environmental Standards, etc.)
- Evaluate environmental performance of Western US operations and proactively work coordinate strategies for continuous improvement of existing systems to exceed applicable regulatory requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills (e.g. MS Word, MS Excel, JD Edwards, etc.)
- Science, Engineering, or related bachelor's degree with more than five years' experience in the Health, Safety, and/or Environmental field
- Proven teambuilding and leadership skills and the ability to solve problems independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to influence others in decision making.
- Ability to multi-task; proficient at task prioritization and balancing several competing interests and goals simultaneously.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.