Contract-to-hire Formulations Lab Technician position with Phoenix area personal care product company. This 1st shift position will start as soon as a qualified candidate is identified - and will work Monday - Friday from approximately 7:30 am - 5:00 pm . The pay is $14.00 -15.00 per hour, depending on experience.
Summary of position: follow procedures/SOPs to make small scales batch of new formulas to be given to the sales team for demo to current and perspective clients. You will then set the batches up the product for stability testing (aroma, pH, color, etc.) and log results into the database.
The Formulations Intern is responsible for the preparation and maintenance of all types of cosmetic formulas offered through the company’s demonstration products list.
We operate our business under systems of Quality Management known as ISO9001 and Cosmetic Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP). Each employee in the company is required to know their responsibilities under the company Quality Management System (QMS).
The Formulations Intern is responsible to take any steps necessary to prevent distribution of products or services of the company which may not conform to the quality standards of the company. It is the Formulations Intern’s responsibility to document any such occurrence and immediately notify his/her supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain inventory and availability of cosmetic raw materials and related database.
- Maintain applications laboratory (i.e. lab notebook procedures, safe storage, use and disposal of chemicals, regulatory compliance, etc.).
- Maintain formula database and formula batch cards.
- Coordination and formulation of cosmetic formulas (e.g. demos, clinical formulas, etc.).
- Assist in clinical studies as necessary.
- Assist in the development of data on finished products/raw materials for the purpose of claims substantiation and stability.
- Assist in maintenance of SDS database.
- Maintain safe work environment in accordance with organization’s safety plan, SOP document SF.
- Maintain a hygienic work environment in accordance with organization’s personal hygiene plan, SOP document PH.
- Maintain visitor requirements in accordance with organization’s Visitor Safety and Security Guidelines, SOP document MG.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Undergraduate or recent BS graduate in the Sciences, preferably in Chemistry or Biochemistry. Course work should include general chemistry, quantitative and qualitative analysis, and organic chemistry or biochemistry.
Apply today to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]