Shift: 2nd Hours: 2 pm - 10 pm
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we know that our success depends upon our ability to provide the highest level of support and solutions to our customers. As the Air Charter Specialist, you will be responsible for managing air charter movements from initial requests to final completion. If you’re excited about the challenge of working for a global company, we have the opportunity for you to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Differentiate various aircraft models to identify capacity, speed, range, pricing, and timing
- Differentiate various cargo loads to identify viable aircraft and ground solutions
- Schedule and reschedule pickups, loads, flights, offloads, and deliveries for shipments
- Facilitate processes and procedures for domestic and international air shipments; use TMS system to monitor, audit, and communicate shipment progress to multiple parties
- Update, review, and maintain accurate information in the company's operating systems; maintain individual and team-oriented quotas for charter requests and shipments
- Understand and apply carrier selection, timelines, and pricing decisions for charter solutions
- Communicate with customers and vendors in professional, proactive fashion to win business
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, business, aviation, or related field
- 3 years in the aviation or transportation industry, and an understanding of the aviation industry
- Availability to work a flexible schedule with the ability to adjust based on activity levels
It’d be great if you also have:
- Bilingual Spanish/English skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to present clean, organized, and thorough information and data appropriate for the intended audience
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out or communicate instructions in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Business-minded, self-motivated with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced work environment
Be part of something big.#LI-JR1
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.