Contract Chemist I position with a growing pharmaceutical company working Monday - Friday. Flexibility to work both the 1st and 2nd shift is needed for this position, but you will work 40 hours per week. There is a strong chance of converting to permanent. Vibrant, motivated team in a positive work environment! This position will interview and start ASAP!
• Perform wet chemistry analytical tests of raw material, in-process, and finished product.
• Perform analytical tests of raw material, in-process, and finished product by FT-IR, UV-Vis, Polarimeter, Karl Fisher Moisture analyzer, etc.
• Document test results, problems and other issues.
• Perform initial troubleshooting of issues that arise during analysis.
• Conduct all analysis and documentation using cGMP and FDA guidelines.
• Prepare and maintain laboratory reagents and standardized solutions.
• Receive incoming inventory, count and track inventory on hand including equipment and supplies.
• Prepare, standardize and restandardize laboratory solutions.
• Know, follow and perform all required safety measures per company policies, standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and OSHA regulations as required.
• Precisely follow departmental Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs), Analytical Method Worksheets, and training outlines as required.
• Complete initial review of analytical raw data.
• Wear personal protective equipment such as (lab coat, gloves, hairnet, face mask, etc.), to perform tasks.
• Work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors
• Maintain regular and punctual attendance at work.
• All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- BS/AA in Chemistry or related field
- Minor in Microbiology is desirable
- 0-3 years of work experience performing analytical chemistry in a regulated industry (i.e. Pharmaceutical, Medical Device or Biopharmaceutical)
Apply today to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]