Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT), Carlsbad, CA
Position Summary: Able to assist veterinarians performing a variety of medical skills including anesthesiology, surgery, dentals, radiology, laboratory and medical treatments.
Schedule / Shift: 1st shift, 7:30am-6:00pm, 4-10, This is a 24 hour facility.
Pay Range: $17-$23/hr DOE
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Anesthesiology induction and monitoring
- Surgical prep and assisting
- IV Catheter Placement
- Medical treatments
- Administration of oral medications
- Calculate drug dosages
- Basic laboratory tests
- Medical record charting
- Legible handwriting
- Doctor communications
- Client education skills
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills/English
- Proficient at animal restraint
- Medical terminology
- Basic pharmacology
- Medical equipment operation and maintenance
- Regular and consistent attendance
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisors, Management team and or Chief of Service
- High school graduate or equivalent. Bachelor's degree (BA/BS)
- RVT Certification required
- Two (2) to five (5) years of experience with animal specialty / emergency care / hospital setting
- Critical care experience
- Basic computer skills
- Works well under pressure
- Able to multi-task
- Able to stand on feet much of the day
- Walking, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Maintain positive, upbeat attitude with doctors and team members
- Team Player
- Maintains confidentiality, i.e., patient and staff member information
- Able to Communicate in a clear, courteous and professional manner with doctors, staff members and clients in a courteous and professional manner
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills
- Punctual, reliable and flexible
For immediate consideration, Apply Today! Questions? Call Carl at 858.207.6311 or Jason at 714.971.0721
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 11,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.