Microbiologist Operation Manager
Kelly Scientific Resources is looking for a Microbiologist Operation Manager located in Beecher, IL
Microbiologist Operations Manager Duties:
- Develop and maintain systems that ensure proper methodologies are being utilized in conformance to client requirements.
- Administer corporate human resource programs relating to employee recruitment and retention, compensation, training and development, equal employment opportunity, performance appraisal, and employment record documentation.
- Take responsibility for the analysis and interpretation of data and provide guidance in the correction of discrepancies before results are released or issued to client service personnel and/or client as needed. Ensure data is established in compliance with proper methods.
- Ensure that corrective actions are appropriate for ensuring error elimination and that documentation is completed and follow-up performed as indicated in Standard Operating Procedures.
- Support company initiatives as they relate to systems within the laboratory and work directly with other department leaders to implement methods as needed and ensure a complete understanding so that training can be performed to others effectively.
- Maintain knowledge of Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) that is required to complete job responsibilities.
- Support corporate quality and continuous improvement process.
- This position has the responsibility and authority to initiate action to prevent or minimize departures from the quality system or test procedures. This authority includes addressing resource needs to properly address issues such as client turn-around time requirements, overtime limits, employee turnover, work stoppage and assure the appropriate type and amount of materials are ready and available for use.
Microbiologist Operations Manager Requirements:
Bachelors or Masters degree in Biology or Microbiology
5-7 years minimum microbiology lab experience
3-5 years management experience
Experience training employees and implementing corrections
Food micro testing is ideal
Strong leadership and people skills
Monday thru Friday 2pm -11pm with little overtime depending on time management
Competitive salary with 10% performance bonus
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 11,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.