Excellent opportunity for recent graduates!
The Core Laboratory Support Technician will be responsible for providing a range of services to support Intrexon’s Industrial Products Division. As the foundation of research operations, lab support is critical to processes in all labs and you will interact with scientists across all functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Media preparation: agar plates and liquid media
- Glassware cleaning and autoclaving
- Preform diagnostics, calibrations and repairs to lab equipment
- Organizing and maintaining laboratory inventory and supplies
- Collect and dispose of hazardous materials
- Maintaining clean and safe laboratory areas
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Biological Sciences or equivalent education with basic experimental experience in at least one of the following disciplines: biochemistry, microbiology, molecular biology or analytical sciences.
DESIRED KEY COMPETENCIES:
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and a strong commitment to work with and coordinate the demands from multiple laboratory scientists.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to effectively perform designated tasks as directed by supervisor or according to an SOP.
- Proactive; takes initiative to solve problems before they become an issue.
- Comfortable troubleshooting, repairing lab equipment, reading technical manuals or contacting technical support.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, busy laboratory environment and manage time efficiently.
- Demonstrates the highest ethical standards, integrity, trustworthiness and has a high degree of personal responsibility.
- Proficiency with MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with basic laboratory equipment and sterile technique.
- Frequent: Speaking; hearing; sitting; use of hands/fingers; handling or feeling objects,
tools or controls; close vision; color vision; peripheral vision; ability to adjust focus
- Occasional: Standing; walking indoors; reaching with hands and arms; stooping;
kneeling; crouching; lifting and/or move up to 50 lbs
- General: Moderate noise level, similar to typical office environment with computers,
printers and light traffic
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178.