* Bachelors degree in the Sciences or a related field
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
* Strong computer skills are necessary as this person will be trained to work within 2-3 electronic computer systems to track data and raw materials.
* Experience working in a laboratory setting
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
The Laboratory Technician role is a position within the Research and Development (R&D) Department. Lab Technicians oversee the progression of projects from the lab to releasing the formula to manufacturing. Lab Technicians report to the R&D Manager.
The primary responsibilities, as well as the process used by the R&D team to effectively manage the priorities for this role, are as follows:
1) Initiate the Product Development Process
* Review initial Product Development Record (PDR) and conduct a preliminary assessment of customer goals.
* Lab Technicians will work with a Chemist to enter formulas into Deacom and keep the paper formulation within the assigned budget
2) Source Raw Materials and Conduct Compliancy Reviews
* Create raw material codes for raw materials that are new to the lab. This includes receiving pricing information and technical documentation from the supplier that will be saved and uploaded into Deacom.
* Send the Preliminary Ingredient List (Prelim IL) to a third party consulting firm to assure regulatory and brand restriction requirements are met.
3) Assist Chemists within the Lab
* Ensure that the chemist has all raw materials on hand to bench the sample
* Fill and properly label components to be shipped to the customer
* Maintain open communication between R&D and other departments
* Complete various other tasks within the lab
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.