At ProClinical, we are seeking an individual to fill the role of Lab Tech, Cell Biology, based in Philadelphia, PA. The remit of this role includes performing cell culture and cell-biology based assays according to and in compliance with all relevant guidelines and SOPs. Please note that this role may require overtime and/or holiday work.
- Conduct cell culture assays and lab procedures.
- Perform cell culture of in-house cell lines and test articles from outside clients.
- Accurately complete test methods and other required documentation.
- Demonstrate proficiency in scientific theory.
- Conduct review of results and reports data.
- Maintain laboratory notebook when required.
- Perform assays using appropriate laboratory techniques for lab group assigned to.
- Report observations of ongoing tests to technical reviewer or laboratory manager.
- Prepare reagents and completes reagent batch records.
- Check reagents for expired chemicals and disposes of any expired reagents.
- Keep records according to guidelines and SOPs.
- Prepare samples to be subcontracted.
- Order reagents and consumables as required and use commodity specification procedure as assigned.
- Perform routine inventory of cell banks and communicates inventory needs to Laboratory Manager.
- Aid in the training of new employees.
- Initiate and write nonconformance and laboratory investigations.
- Participate in R&D projects and assay validations.
- Provide operational support for cell biology activities.
- Contributes to the overall operations and to the achievement of departmental goals
- All ad-hoc duties as assigned.
Skills And Requirements
- BA in biological science or other science related field or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience or equivalent.
- Proficient with mammalian cell culture and aseptic technique.
- Proficient with micropipettes and analytical balances.
- Ability to manually count cells.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Several routine physical requirements, including routinely pushing, pulling, and lifting 20 lbs, ability to work in a clean room and wear protective gear, ability to work in a lab setting with several biohazards and chemicals, and clarity of vision.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Mike Raletz at (+1) 2674287770 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.