Food Testing- Microbiology Supervisor
The position will report to the Department Manager, the Microbiology Supervisor will oversee key elements of the daily operations of the department including staff scheduling and training. Supervisor also responsible for new workflows and recommending and vetting changes that will improve efficiency
- Staff scheduling, training, and troubleshooting method and instrumentation issues
- Identifying areas for improvements in operational inefficiencies and workflows
- Work with the Department Manager to devise and implement improvement plans
- Assumes personal responsibility and accountability for the assigned areas within the department’s operation, such as the coordination of staff schedules, monitoring backlogs, coordinating the acquisition of supplies, and coordinating equipment maintenance efforts and ensuring staff have the necessary resources to be successful.
- Is the technical go to person for the staff; addresses technical questions and trains staff.
- Acts as backup for staff as needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Aerobic Plate count
- 3M Petrifilm yeast & mold
- 3M/MDS Salmonella
- Ecoli 0157
- BAX Instrument
- ISO or Environmental Audits
- Degree in Microbiology or Biology.
- Familiarity with the demands of a commercial laboratory environment.
- Prior supervisory experience is a plus.