Now hiring for a Soil Technician with an Environmental Consulting Company in the Atlanta Area. This position consists of performing soil testing using a Nuclear Density Gauge for Super Fund sites. You'll primarily be on the road constantly traveling to different project sites across the Southeast and West Coast. Your truck is your OFFICE! You will be provided with a new truck, cell phone, gas card, and per diem. In this position, you will be constantly walking around the job site and performing light general labor work..
Great benefits, overtime opportunities, and career growth opportunities are available with this great corporation!
We promote internally and offer advancement in our organization. This is a 6 month contract to hire position through Aerotek in Atlanta. All candidates who complete the 6 month contract are eligible for immediate conversion and will qualify for our partner's benefits and pay advances. To apply for this position please apply online or send a resume.
Per Diem up to $155/day
1st: 8am - 5pm OT is mandatory
You will be getting at least 55+ hours a week.
- 2+ years of Soil testing and sampling experience.
- 2 years of Field Technician experience.
- The ability to read and interpret project specifications and plans related primarily to earthworks, geosynthetics and drainage structures.
- The ability to work hours typically in excess of 60 hrs per week on a 6 to 7 day per week schedule.
- Poses the ability to communicate well, both written and orally, with co-workers, clients, contractors and State agencies.
- The ability to take well-documented notes on construction activities performed by contractors and on soil tests performed.
- The ability to perform in-place soils density testing is a must and the ability to monitor geosynthetics installation work is a plus. Please provide specific projects you worked on and your role on those projects. Having a copy of your Radiation Safety/Nuclear Density user certification and experience using nuclear density gauges is a big plus.
- Having experience testing soils and/or geosynthetics in a laboratory setting is a plus.
- Must have a minimum of High School diploma or higher educational background.
Please apply using a resume!
Our people are everything. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek® Inc. has distinguished itself as a leader in recruiting and staffing services, by having a deep understanding of the intersection of talent and business. As a strategic partner to more than 17,000 clients and 300,000 contract employees every year, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantages for its clients and rewarding careers for its contract employees. Headquartered in Hanover, Md., Aerotek operates a network of over 230 non-franchised offices with more than 6,000 internal employees dedicated to serving our customers. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider. To learn more, visit aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.