This Data Scientist position is ideal for a software engineer that enjoys supporting legacy and new systems development and continuous improvement of mission centric information systems. Position will work with a mixed team of developers and government mission specialists. Flexibility and strong communications skills are essential to succeed in this environment. Work will support very large structured and unstructured datasets and require scripting to extract, transform, and load (ETL) data for analysis. This is an opportunity to work with specialized mission area experts in data analysis. Ability to translate statistical and analytical requirements to programmers is essential.Typical Education & Experience Bachelor's Degree with 5+ years of related experience. Will consider additonal years of expeirence in lieu of degree.Required Skills and Education
Position requires an active Top Secret clearance with SCI upgrade eligibility. Must be willing to undergo a CI poly.
Personnel supporting this task shall:
• Interpret and analyze data using exploratory and statistical techniques;
• Develop, implement and utilize data systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality;
• Develop innovations in data analysis techniques;
• Analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets;
• Develop data modeling methods;
• Work with data scientists to coordinate multifaceted scientific research and analytic activities that provides scientific and technical consultation.
Qualified candidates are required to have:
Preferred Skills and Education Bachelor degree in math, science, statistics, engineering or related field is preferred. Will consider additional years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- Active Top Secret security clearance and SCI eligibility. Must be willing to undergo a CI poly.
- Experience working with intel data analysis both in the development of analytical tools and the use of the tools to produce mission focused reports.
- 5+ years of information technology experience with an emphasis on computer or information science or applied mathematics is preferred
- Ability to create and use innovative link analysis tools
- 2+ years of experience with Python, JAVA and R
- 2+ years of experience with Hadoop
- Multiple industry recognized certifications in provisioning technologies such as Cloudera Certified Professional, SAS Certified Big Data Expert, Certified Specialist in Predictive Analytics (CSPA)
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.