The Microbiology Operations Supervisor is responsible for supervising routine analysis of food samples.
50% administrative and managing people, 50% hands on technical. Developing employees, 1:1s, disciplinary action and holding employees accountable. Also on the bench and providing technical support as needed. This person will also be doing hands on testing so we don't want a "hands off" management style.
- Supervise the activities department to make sure all SOPs are followed
- Communicate any emerging client requirements to team
- Communicate procedural and operational delays to the client service team or directly to the client if needed
- Read, calculate and record analysis data to produce reports for clients
- Train team on correct procedures and new analysis methods
- Evaluate current methods and recommend modifications
- Arrange and document work schedules for team so that analysis is accurately completed
- Assist with analysis tasks as needed to ensure timely results
- Maintain supplies and instrumentation
- Cease analyses when evidence from the quality system indicates the process is not in control and the quality of the results is compromised as a result of the non-conformances
- Maintain knowledge of Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
- Support corporate quality and continuous improvement process
This is a hands on supervisor position. They will be overseeing the operations as well as doing the analysis of food samples.
Pay - $50k - $52k plus a 3% year end bonus in December
Hours: 2nd shift 1:00/2:00pm - 10:30pm (plus overtime, depending on sample volume may stay until 11:30pm).
Days: Rotating weekly schedule. One week is Monday-Friday, the next week is Tuesday-Saturday.
Our people are everything. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek® Inc. has distinguished itself as a leader in recruiting and staffing services, by having a deep understanding of the intersection of talent and business. As a strategic partner to more than 17,000 clients and 300,000 contract employees every year, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantages for its clients and rewarding careers for its contract employees. Headquartered in Hanover, Md., Aerotek operates a network of over 230 non-franchised offices with more than 6,000 internal employees dedicated to serving our customers. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider. To learn more, visit aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.