ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
The primary purpose of this position is to ensure that high quality data is produced in accordance with prescribed methods and standard operating procedures. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Responsible for the entire analytical process, from sample preparation through data analysis using state-of-the-art analytical equipment such as GC and GC-MS
- The chemist will become familiar with analytical equipment and software, including Chemstation and Enviroquant
- Maintain accurate knowledge of defined areas; keep abreast of state-of-the-art techniques
- Participate in SOP development
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair equipment
- Prepare reports and records on calibration, inspection, and repair activities
- Exercise laboratory safety practices
- Strong commitment to quality and integrity
- Must actively participate in the laboratory’s Quality System
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience with Agilent instrumentation, EPA methods (524/624, 8260), and routine to complex sample preparation
- Diligent work ethic and the ability to work independently
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle numerous details
- High energy level, confidence and ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Dedication to supporting goals, objectives, and philosophies of ALS
- A commitment to cross training
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific field
- Minimum three years experience in a laboratory environment
- Familiarity with Gas Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- The ability to stand for intervals of up to 8 hours while working
- Able to speak and hear clearly while communicating with co-workers and managers
- Dexterity in hands and fingers to operate equipment and handle glassware
- Must have average vision and able to see to read reports and operate equipment
- Hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
'ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society'
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click Here to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click Here to view the FMLA Law poster
Click Here to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click Here to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click Here to view company E-Verify Participation Poster