Chemist II (I)
- Bohemia, NEW YORK
For more than 70 years, The Nature’s Bounty Co. has enriched the lives of consumers around the world and stood as the leader in health and wellness by introducing innovative products and solutions to the marketplace. Putting science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business, the brands of The Nature’s Bounty Co. are some of the most trusted in the world. Always motivated by nature’s bountiful effects on people’s health, our vision for health and wellness has inspired leading brands such as Nature’s Bounty®, Sundown Naturals®, Solgar®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Ester-C®, MET-Rx®, Pure Protein®, Balance®, Body Fortress®, Puritan’s Pride® and Organic Dr.®, among others. As a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition and ethical beauty products, The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms.
The Chemist (II) is responsible for advanced laboratory procedures in a quality control laboratory. Duties are performed under general supervision. Familiar with basic laboratory equipment and techniques. Will focus on laboratory investigations, method development and method validation.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Will conduct investigations on atypical results, conduct analyst inverviews to identify root cause for the result and drive retesting to confirm or invalidate the initial result.
- Generate out of specification reports and non-conformance reports. Communicate any out of specification or non-conformance issues to the quality assurance / material review team.
- Perform method development on new methodologies that will be brought in-house.
- Perform method optimization on methods that are not producting optimal results and need work for specificity, accuracy or reproducibility.
- Perform method validations on new or optimized methods to ensure specificity, accuracy and reproducibility.
- Sets up and dismantles instruments and apparatus. Prepares solutions, suspensions and media to perform essential laboratory procedures.
- Makes and records observations, performs calculations, collects and may assist in preparing data for evaluation. Keeps supervisor informed of work status.
- Prioritizes workload and meets scheduled timelines.
- Informs supervisor of equipment and supply needs required to avoid delays in testing.
- Reports results of assignments and maintains and performs related record keeping in compliance with approved regulatory policies and standards to meet quality and accuracy requirements. Follows and complies with all appropriate operations and testing procedures, GMPs and safety and health requirements as applicable.
- Demonstrates good housekeeping practices to minimize analytical mix ups, potential laboratory contamination and safety hazards. Understanding and handling of hazardous materials and waste using proper and safe techniques. Selected qualified associates, at the discretion of the Quality Control/Quality Management, will be responsible for handling hazardous waste management.
- Train other analysts on testing procedures.
- Perform minor troubleshooting on instrumentation.
- As required, maintains laboratory standards.
- Periodically performs duties of a higher position for the purpose of training and development.
- 3 - 7 years of experience in the food, pharmaceutical and or supplement industry preferred
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements that affect the dietary supplement and/or pharmaceutical manufacturing business
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmaceutical, Food Science, Chemical Engineering or Science or other closely related discipline required
- Strong analytical skills; able to use data, communicate key trends, develop and execute continuous improvement plans
- Must be proficient with PC programs, i.e. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- AS400 Knowledge desirable
- Knowledge of compliance requirements
- Ability to work with cross-functional groups to implement improvements
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple tasks and work well under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to use influencing skills to accomplish goals and objectives
Military candidates encouraged to apply.
The Nature's Bounty Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Nature's Bounty Co. offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental plans, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, generous associate discounts and more! I'm interested
Please contact Human Resources at 631-244-2120 if you should need a reasonable accommodation to submit your information for our on-line job postings.