Responsibilities: training new hires and current Micro Technicians on methods and testing procedures. Directing workflow- depending on sample volumes people may need to be shuffled around to different work stations. Also doing hands on testing. 7-8 employees under them.
- Prepare, analyze, perform, and assist others with the microbiological preparation and testing of food samples.
- Ensure all department opening and closing tasks are completed effectively and efficiently and documented as quality systems require.
- Distribute projects or assignments to appropriate personnel within the department to ensure processes are efficiently and effectively completed.
- Ensure sample analysis flow if efficient in conjunction with quality
- Ensure safe working environment for laboratory and provide supervision of quality control and quality assurance procedures.
- Assist with scheduling and adjusting staff as needed based on sample volume ensuring minimal delays or down time in processes.
- Support laboratory leadership in employee development by providing effective training to new employees and acting as a resource to all department employees in the resolution of questions, problems, or alternative resources.
- Help implement systems as guided by laboratory leadership and support lean process or Industrial Performance related activities either directed from Corporate or in Lab-Specific Projects.
- Assist with selection and orientation of new hires
- Work with supervisor on identifying and correcting performance issues and recognizing outstanding performers.
- Support corporate quality and continuous improvement process.
Hours: 2nd shift 1:00/2:00pm - 10:30pm (plus overtime, depending on sample volume may stay until 11:30pm).
Days: Rotating weekly schedule. One week is Monday-Friday, the next week is Tuesday-Saturday.
Pay: Hourly $19.00/hr plus OT
Our people are everything. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek® Inc. has distinguished itself as a leader in recruiting and staffing services, by having a deep understanding of the intersection of talent and business. As a strategic partner to more than 17,000 clients and 300,000 contract employees every year, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantages for its clients and rewarding careers for its contract employees. Headquartered in Hanover, Md., Aerotek operates a network of over 230 non-franchised offices with more than 6,000 internal employees dedicated to serving our customers. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider. To learn more, visit aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.