A biotechnology product development company is seeking a skilled Lab Technician for its location in Rochester, New York for a 5-month contract.
Under the direction of the Manager, Quality Assurance Laboratory, the Associate QA Lab Technician is responsible for maintaining test sample logs and preparing Endotoxin and RNase/DNase samples for testing. Also prepares laboratory reagents, solutions and test articles in support of QA Lab testing following established QA Lab procedures.
- Logs in all samples received for Endotoxin, Rnase/Dnase testing, into appropriate database on a daily basis.
- Prepares samples for Endotoxin testing, and RNase/DNase testing, following established procedures.
- Tests Endotoxin samples following established procedures.
- Utilizes aseptic techniques when necessary.
- Prepares Non-Pyrogenic water and various microbiological and cell culture media.
- Maintain proper records and documentation in support of responsibilities.
- Monitors metered Laboratory equipment daily.
- Maintain inventory of routinely used laboratory supplies, reordering when necessary.
- Provides general laboratory support to the QA Lab Technicians, does audit sample collection, cell culture staining, NPD project assistance.
- Prepares clean and sterile Labware, and facilitates the disposition of biohazard waste.
- A minimum of an Associate’s degree in the life sciences or related field with one to three years related experience; or non-degreed with three to six years of appropriate laboratory experience.
- A background in microbiology, tissue/cell culture, immunology and molecular biology is preferred.
- Computer experience including MS Word and Excel is required.
- Experience in proper Controlled Environment/Clean Room behaviors and practices are a plus.
- The incumbent should have basic understanding of statistics and have command of basic laboratory skills.
- Must possess the ability to effectively communicate his/her results to people with varying degrees of technical understanding.
Please apply if interested.
Volt has been serving some of the nation's strongest companies for over 60 years. As a Volt employee, you can expect the highest level of on-site support. We have a long-standing tradition of developing lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with its employees.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer