- Conduct the testing for all incoming raw materials, intermediates and finished products. Assists production and R&D with problems related to the quality of samples, process improvement, etc.
- Experience with conducting specific gravity, refractive index, total solids, brix and pH tests
- Conduct the daily activities of the Quality Control Lab in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- Expedite samples through the QC lab
- Insures that proper records of the analyses performed are accurate and maintained properly.
- Maintain Statistical Process Control on lab instruments and analyses
- Ensure that all laboratory equipment is in proper working condition and is properly maintained
- Perform any other function assigned by Manager/Supervisor
- Keeps lab and work areas neat and clean
- Assist in meeting all GLP and Safety requirements
- Manages QC sample retention and assist in sampling raw materials and finished products.
- Assist the Regulatory Dept by providing data for MSDS and Specifications
Knowledge and Skills
- Must be able to think and act independently with little or no supervision. This individual needs to be an excellent problem solver who can develop innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Requires communication skills necessary to communicate effectively.
Education (minimum requirements/equivalent):
- BS Degree, Business or Science or equivalent industry experience
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 844-463-6178.