Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Lab Manufacturing Distribution Warehouse IT Site Support Sr. Analyst. The position will be based in Lititz, PA and may require up to potential 10% Domestic travel.
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and improve the quality of life.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The LMDW IT Site Support Sr. Analyst, Consumer position is responsible for the overall support and management of the application and technology portfolio for the local manufacturing facility throughout the system development lifecycle and in all ongoing operational IT processes. The position collaborates with the LMDW Site Lead Manager. In order to accomplish these objectives, the LMDW Site Leader position will participate in business analysis, needs analysis, and business risk assessment. In addition, they will consult with the business partners to shape demand and determine how to best support the business through the effective use of technology. The LMDW IT Site Leader Sr Analyst will lead strategic relationships with partners by representing and promoting IT capabilities and acting as the Subject Matter Expert on local systems, applications and technologies and may also supervise the work product of contract resources.
This position is essential for Consumer to achieve manufacturing excellence, demonstrate its compliance to all regulatory requirements and to support Consumer Operating Companies' ability to pass FDA and Health Authority inspections.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead IT projects and initiatives by applying technical expertise and working independently within the scope of the efforts. Assist in developing long term strategies and driving adoption of innovative technology solutions with key stakeholders.
- Coach local project and support teams on all applicable IT processes and procedures including Agile processes, SDLC and robust portfolio management ensuring applications are developed and managed according to quality & compliance principles. Identify compliance risks and communicate to appropriate levels of management.
- Deliver and support all technical requirements for the successful running of the manufacturing plant. Document business requirements in a way that effectively captures the business needs and conveys that information accurately and understandably to technical teams.
- Support plant initiatives by applying a broad understanding of current capabilities and limitations of existing systems. Ensure a working knowledge of the technologies relevant to the work and the development of a strong knowledge of the work processes of the business partners, as well as keeping current on technology trends in the industry.
- Effectively and efficiently communicates within business and IT organizations and facilitates resolution of less complex business partner issues. Communicates in business and technical terms with equal effectiveness.
Ensure plant systems, processes and operations remain in a validated state at all times while also providing necessary support for all regulatory audits.
Ideal candidate will possess 4+ years of relevant experience and BA/BS degree or equivalent OR 2+ years with advanced degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience and demonstrated leadership in supporting and managing technical requirements at a manufacturing plant or similar facility.
- Minimum of 2 year of hands on IT support background required.
- Knowledge of SDLC methodology, 21 CFR Part 11, GxP/CSV frameworks, Agile, PMX and best practices models like GAMP.
- Understanding of GMP business processes.
- Being able to effectively manage third parties.
- Ability to lead, collaborate, challenge, and influence peers.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple issues and/or projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including formal presentation skills.
- Experience with application and SQL database support experience would be preferred.
- Travel Requirements: Occasional travel up to 10%.
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)