• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
• Aptitude for basic math concepts and report preparation
• Position requires incumbent to have a flexible schedule as occasional overtime or weekend work might be required
• Must have the ability to lift 50 lbs
• Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check prior to employment
• Ability to effectively communicate (written and oral) presenting information individually or in small group situations to internal or external customers
• Ability to execute detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
• Ability to follow directions ensuring the end results are accurate and completed with the required timeframe
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
• SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.
The position is responsible for laboratory tests to determine chemical and physical characteristics or composition of solid, liquid, or gaseous materials for such purposes as quality control, process control, or product development by performing the following duties.
• Preparation of samples once they are brought into the laboratory
• Perform all required testing on several different types of coal
• Accurately complete and maintain all laboratory reports
• Perform general upkeep and housekeeping of the laboratory
• Assist in all other laboratory assignments and projects