Lab Tech I
Hours: Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm
Please Note: The job will occasionally require an off-shift such as - long day, early arrival, late departure, or partial Saturday. The job will require work between two separate locations
- Work independently and as part of a team, developing, planning, and executing day-to-day
equipment operations and maintenance as established in SOP’s
- Provide sample data to sample owners in timely fashion
- Keep clear & concise records of testing completed
- Ability to work around moving equipment and chemicals safely
- Ability to use analytical equipment (HPLC, pH meters, conductivity probe, UV-VIS, HPLC)
- Good mechanical and electrical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work rotating shifts
- Some background in chemistry desired
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility for this position is to perform testing on samples for various properties and quality parameters in a safe, timely and professional manner.
- The technician is responsible to ensure the data collected is of high quality and appropriate records are kept.
- Technical degree (current technicians have degrees in Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Bioproducts and Biosystems Engineering, Chemical Engineering, and Associate level engineering technician)
- Hands-on experience running lab experiments as well as analytical methods.
- Interest and desire to interpret data and optimize the testing process.
Dress Code: casual (ie. jeans and polo)
Environment: Lab, pilot plant
Comments: Candidate must pass background check, drug screen, and pre-employment physical including lifting and mobility test (50lbs), spirometry, and respirator certification questionnaire.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 844-463-6178.