Clearance Level Needed:
Scientific / Analytical
• The Data Architect is an expert in data analysis, design, deploy and management of organization's data architecture. The Data Architect will be responsible in defining how the organization's structured and unstructured data will be stored, consumed, integrated/shared and reported by different IT application systems. The data architect will define and align architecture principles to the overarching enterprise architecture principles. The Data Architect will work towards building an enterprise model, a central dictionary of standard common business vocabulary, define strategy/ approach & principles for data quality management, master data management, data integration, data security/access and data archiving & retention. The Data Architect is also expected to be well versed in creating/maintaining/reverse engineering data models that enable the understanding and documentation of data standards, metadata and entity & domain relationships and the flow of data across business applications. Implementation of intended business architecture, conceptual flows, system data flows and create an inventory of the data needed to implement the architecture vision.
• Data Analysis of current state, reverse engineer data models & data mapping. Document & Manage data standards, semantic layer mapping, data flows and conceptual flows.
• Identify, define & classify master data across the enterprise landscape.
• Define & manage how client data will be stored, consumed, integrated and managed across the enterprise by different business applications & IT systems & Users.
• Working with business and IT teams to develop and maintain mappings/rules between business applications & business data and interfaces. Set standards for data management (master & transaction), analyze current state and conceive desired future state.
• Applies architectural and technology concepts to address scalability, security, reliability, maintainability and sharing of enterprise data.
• Collaborate with internal and external partners to ensure that technology decisions align with the overall Enterprise Architecture Framework/Roadmap
The Data Architect will work in Washington DC and Herndon, VA. Approximately 10% travel required. Perform other duties as assigned
• Mentors, coaches and educates team members in standard processes, policies and procedures related to a specific technology. Creates and enforces technology-specific guidelines, standards, policies and procedures.
Mandatory Skills Requirement
• Possesses excellent knowledge & skills in data analysis, data modeling, data profiling, data management of structured and unstructured data. Skills in database design, from conceptualization to database optimization.
• Requires Bachelor's degree and 14-16 of related technical experience, at least 5 of which must be in data architecture.
• Experience at Department of State preferred.
• Extensive experience with both Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server required.
• Exceptional oral and written communication and negotiation skills.
• Experience in transition and start-up of a a large and geographically dispersed program
• Intermediate knowledge and execution of IT Standards, Policies and Procedures
• Intermediate knowledge and execution of SDLC
• Intermediate knowledge of Information Security awareness
• Good knowledge of General Project Management Methodology & Tools