- Candidate must be willing to work as a team member in a 'hands on' production environment.
- A strong mechanical aptitude is required.
- The ability to organize work efficiently is essential.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5 to 10 years education and experience required.
- Minimum- Bachelor's degree in a STEM field. Advanced degree preferred in Chemistry, Material Science or Chemical Engineering.
- Expertise in synthesis
- Experience in production or research of polyols and/or surfactants for urethane industry
- Slab stock foam experience preferred.
The Chemist / Chemical Engineer develops new product formulations and improves existing formulations, works directly with chemical suppliers, assists in scale up of new formulations, and develops and operates tests for foam characterization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Develop / Optimize new foam formulations and techniques.
- Introduces new foam systems and substitution of existing chemicals or suppliers.
- Responsible for the maintenance and documentation of chemical formulations.
- Uses statistical process control for continuous optimization of the foaming process.
- Drives process and product cost and quality improvements on new and existing products.
- Working in conjunction with Quality & Engineering, provides chemical support on material specifications.
- Implements solid data collection and analysis tools for continuous improvement.
- Provide technical support to Production.
- Plan, prepare and perform lab test experiments for flexible foam.
- Perform wet chemistry experimental tests.
- Design of Experiments.