Summary of Functions:
The Lab Technician will be responsible for biological and chemical evaluation of final product, intermediate products, raw materials, and production facilities. Duties include performing quality assurance analysis and assisting in the validation of Quality Assurance analysis. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures. Performs tests on raw, in-process, and finished products to ensure compliance with local, State, Federal and Company requirements.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform bacteriological, physical, chemical and other tests on raw and finished product.
- Collect necessary samples from Production floor.
- Prepare slides and incubate slides with cell cultures.
- Examine chemical and biological samples in order to identify cell structures and to locate bacteria, or extraneous material, using microscope.
- Record and compile test results, and prepare graphs, charts, and reports.
- Analyze test results to classify products, or compare results with standard tables.
- Verify compliance and alert QA manager of any deviations from specifications.
- Maintain excellent housekeeping in the lab.
- Work with Production personnel to ensure test results are obtained in a timely manner.
- Maintain all lab records and equipment in neat and orderly manner.
- Communicate effectively with lab supervisor.
Food Safety Requirements/Responsibilities:
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations
- Comply with GMP’s in the plant.
- Conduct all monitoring activities to assure finished product comply with food safety and quality specifications.
- Participates in the yearly review of the food safety system.
- Assist in the maintenance of Food Safety and Quality system.
- High School Diploma or GED required, Science Degree Preferred.
- Excellent teamwork and strong communication skills.
- Attentive to detail.
- Ability to work independently and achieve problem resolution with minimal supervision.
- Competent in use of Microsoft Office programs.
- Basic understanding of food production.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Effectively handle lifting of various objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee will be required to bend, stoop, kneel, reach and climb stairs.
- The position requires standing for extended periods of time.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is very loud. Ear plugs are provided for safety.
- Regular exposure to elements such as odor, noise, dust, heat, cold, or chemicals.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee regularly works inside and outside in all different types of weather elements.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 844-463-6178.