Who are we? Watch to find out!
Koch Agronomic Services (KAS) has an excellent foundation in Nitrogen efficiency with products that are both marketed and sold in more than 60 countries globally. KAS is improving the existing product lines offered, developing new products with its growing R&D and Agronomy capability, as well as actively originating new acquisitions that fit the vision.
Koch Agronomic Services is seeking a highly-motivated, self-driven Senior Research Chemist to join their team.
The primary roles of the Senior Research Chemist will be to support new product offerings by working closely with R&D, business leaders, and the commercialization team to gather relevant information needed for product launch. The position will also be/become an expert in agricultural formulation changes in order to achieve products with desired characteristics. The position will also manage manufacturing trials of potential new product offerings and be responsible for manufacturing support of current commercial products.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Defines, communicates, and delivers clear technical objectives and progress for new projects, product improvements and commercial application areas
- Defines, communicates, and delivers laboratory studies around product formulations to achieve desired product characteristics
- Use design of experiments to change multiple variables simultaneously and identify acceptable ranges for all product characteristics
- Conceives and manages projects from laboratory scale to production scale including managing necessary manufacturing trials
- Delivers timely and thorough documentation e.g. report-writing, invention disclosures etc.
- Demonstrates strong oral communication, written communication, and presentation skills
- Provide technical guidance and troubleshooting support to customers on the use of our product lines
- Improve on existing products by alteration of formulations that reduce cost, increase reliability, or provide value add benefits throughout the entire supply chain
- Demonstrate virtues and talents consistent with Koch's Market Based Management (MBM®) and Guiding Principles.
- Design, conduct, and communicate project content and progress.
- Design, conduct, and communicate laboratory studies around product formulations to achieve desired characteristics.
- Design, conduct, and communicate manufacturing trials of potential new products.
- Demonstrate strong oral communication, written communication, and presentation skills.
What You Will Need:
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in designated areas (Ex: hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, respiratory protection, steel-toed boots, and hearing protection)
- Must be willing to work around dust, chemicals, and other substances
- Ability to operate in multiple environments including a plant environment, a laboratory environment, as well as an office environment
- 3+ years of post-graduate experience
- PHD in a life science area (Ex: Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Biochemistry)
- Willing and able to travel up to 25% of the time
What Will Put You Ahead?
- 3+ years of industry experience to include product development or innovation
- Experience working with third party entities (Ex: customers or manufacturing locations)
- Experience with statistics and experimental design
- Experience in agricultural products and the agricultural industry
- Experience in formulation development and manipulation
Want to learn more about KAES?
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/VeteranExcept where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf