Job Title: Post Doctoral Fellow – Discovery
• Responsible for the design, execution, analysis and interpretation of well-defined studies contributing to vaccine discovery and development projects
• Identify and establish new methods for testing immunogenicity, efficacy and safety of candidate vaccines, including new methods for detailed characterization of immune responses
• Conduct research and develop methods to understand relationships among flaviviruses in pathogenesis and cross-reactive immunity after infection or vaccination.
• Contribute to multidisciplinary vaccine development teams, coordinate activities with other team members, and manage activities of research associates.
• Summarize results and conclusions in study reports and present data at internal meetings and scientific conferences
• Participate in design, planning and execution of studies to test immunogenicity, efficacy and safety of viral vaccines
• Develop and implement novel methods for detailed analysis of humoral and cellular immune responses to candidate vaccines.
• Analyze and interpret study results and make recommendations to project teams
• May require indirect supervision and guidance research associates in the execution of vaccine discovery projects
• Participate on multifunctional project teams including liason with internal partners, timeline management and project status reporting.
• Liaison with external collaborators/consultants to advance projects effectively.
• Maintain accurate, complete, and timely data in laboratory notebooks.
• Maintain current knowledge related to the field of vaccine research and development relevant to the assigned project.
• Prepare technical reports, summaries, and power point presentations for distribution and/or presentation to project teams and management, and for inclusion in project reports.
• Be well organized and detail oriented, effectively prioritize, eager to learn, interact cooperatively and effectively with others in a team environment, and consistently demonstrate reliability and responsibility.
• Possess oral and written scientific communication skills and present at internal and external scientific meetings.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• PhD in Microbiology, Virology, Immunology or related discipline with 0-2 years post-doctoral experience.
• Knowledge in virological and immunological principles and methods as they relate to vaccine development.
• Experience in virological and/or immunological assay methods, and ability to investigate and apply these methods for project advancement.
• Experience in infectious disease models is desirable.
• Experience with flaviviruses is highly desirable.
• Possess advanced Microsoft Office, data entry, data presentation and analysis and computer skills. Training in JMP or comparable software is a plus.