Safety & Occupational Health Specialist
Do you have experience with OSHA Rules? Are you looking for steady hours and weekly paychecks? Manpower has immediate openings for a Safety & Occupational Health Specialist.
What's in it for you?
* Full time hours
* Standard hours 8am to 5pm, may be on call for emergency situations.
* Competitive wages: Starting pay $18.00 to 28.00 DOE
* Long Term Temp, based on performance
* Option to take free college courses and skills training
* Paid training
What is the job?
* Evaluates operations and provides recommendations for implementation of appropriate programs and measures to assure a safe and healthy environment for employees, guests and citizens; coordinates and administers Safety and Occupational Health programs, including risk identification, accident prevention, hazard control, training, and job safety analysis; conducts research, develops, recommends and implements policies, procedures, and safety training for employees as directed to meet Federal and state guidelines.
* Performs inspections and evaluations to identify and analyze workplace hazards that can result in harm to people, property and the environment; applies safety compliance methods and techniques to develop and recommend hazard controls.
* Investigates, documents, and photographs accidents and incidents; compiles and analyzes data to prepare reports containing findings and recommendations for corrective action; facilitates follow-up procedures; tracks and categorizes accidents and claims; reviews data and identifies trends in evaluating the effectiveness of existing programs and activities to develop and recommend new and revised training programs, processes, and procedures.
* Performs ergonomic assessments of work spaces, reviews employee work processes, and recommends changes to reduce workplace discomfort; assures compliance with City Safety Committee policies, and New Mexico Occupational Health and Safety Bureau (OHSB) and Federal Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) rules, regulations and procedures.
* Works with staff and others to reduce the frequency and severity of accidental losses, and achieve a workplace environment committed to safety and loss prevention; participates on various technical and advisory teams and committees to provide information on regulatory compliance and safety issues.
* Administers training as directed and according to state and Federal regulations and established policies and procedures; provides guidance in safety evaluation processes and safety program procedures within delegated authority; trains staff and managers on hazard recognition skills and job safety protocols; manages special projects as required;
What you bring to the job?
* 5 years of experience in Administration and safety programs and risk analysis.
* Knowledge of Federal OSHA rules, Regulations and Procedures.
* High school diploma or equivalent (such as a GED)
* Ability to pass a Background Check and Drug Screen
* Ability to read, interpret, and ensure compliance with policies, procedures, rules, and regulations governing safety, occupational health and related activities
* Have an equivalent to a high school diploma or GED Required.
Stop your job search and apply today. Do you need more information? Contact Marisol Espinosa at 575-522-6028. We love referrals so please share our job with friends and family. Also, check out Manpower's career platform with tools and resources to prepare you for today and tomorrow's jobs at www.manpower.com/mypath