URGENT! Seeking Lab Assistants and/or Individuals holding Science-related degrees in Orange County interested in gaining hands on lab experience!
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma and 2-4 years of previous laboratory experience, or
- Associate of Art degree and 1-2 years of previous laboratory experience, or
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts or Associate in Science and 0 year of previous laboratory experience.
Performs basic laboratory functions such as pipetting, dispensing, running standard instruments, cell cultures, immunoassays, and data processing. Duties include assisting in the performance of preventive maintenance and troubleshooting, assisting in the preparation and storage of reagents and culture media, assisting with the performance of quality control, performance of specimen labeling, handling, preservation, processing or preparation, and specimen storage. The individual will be under the direction of the Clinical Trials Supervisor/Manager. Supports applicable regulations including ISO, Local, State, and/or Federal requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Accurately performs specimen labeling, handling, preservation, processing or preparation, and specimen storing.
* Verifies patient sample and label with the generated worklist.
* Follows established protocols for the procurement and the storage of clinical laboratory samples.
* Brings to the attention of the Lead Technician or Supervisor problems regarding the resolution and documentation of clinical samples that do not meet the specimen acceptance criteria for testing.
* Pipets and aliquots sera and reagents.
* Responsible for the performance of preventive maintenance and housekeeping duties.
* Responsible for the operation of automated instruments.
* Responsible for the performance of quality control procedures.
* Accurately and legibly transcribes quality control and data that has been previously recorded either automatically by a testing instrument or manually by assay operator.
* Learn new procedures/assignments in a reasonable timeframe.
* Knowledge of basic computer skills.
* Completes assigned tasks within assigned timeframe.
* Follows work priorities as defined by the Department Supervisor, or Lead Technician.
* Follows written and verbal instructions.
* Collects and enters data in databases such as Excel or Access.
* Responsible for performing assigned tasks in accordance with applicable safety regulations and instructions, as well as correcting unsafe work habits and practices and/or bringing to the attention of the Safety Team or a supervisor any practice or condition that may be detrimental to the safety and health of the employees. You also have a responsibility to cooperate in all safety or health-related programs and assist in solving safety and health problems. Violations of safety directives and procedures will be handled in accordance with the established Company disciplinary process.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to write neatly and legibly.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to understand a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving biological systems.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and reach with hands and arms and lift up to 10 pounds. The employee also is required to occasionally walk, sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and taste or smell, and lift between 25 and 100 pounds. The employee must also have close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
OSHA RISK CATEGORY
Category I - may encounter potential exposure to blood, body fluids, tissues or virus cultures.
Our people are everything. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek® Inc. has distinguished itself as a leader in recruiting and staffing services, by having a deep understanding of the intersection of talent and business. As a strategic partner to more than 17,000 clients and 300,000 contract employees every year, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantages for its clients and rewarding careers for its contract employees. Headquartered in Hanover, Md., Aerotek operates a network of over 230 non-franchised offices with more than 6,000 internal employees dedicated to serving our customers. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider. To learn more, visit aerotek.com.